Saturday, May 25, 2013

Windsor Castle

Somebody else was interested in our photo opp.


We could only take pics of the outside. Alison and I appreciated this because we wanted to just look at the beautiful interior. We thought that it was far more gorgeous than Versailles but still thought that such grandeur was unnecessary, especially in this case because the castle is still in use. All the rooms we saw are used on different occasions. Inside, we saw paintings by Rubens, Rembrandt, and van Dyck. We saw the most ridiculous doll house ever (talk about spoiled), and some amazing swords and tapestries. It was a great adventure. 








Look at beautifully sunny day we had! Until it started raining. 








1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of you guys!!!

    I absolutely HAVE TO HAVE some pictures of Ari at the Anne Frank House. I hope they allow pictures... and I hope you will gain added perspective to your already in depth insight into Anne's life and place in history.

    It's wonderful to follow along in your tracks! Thanks for taking the time to take pictures of yourselves and your journey and share them with us!

    ReplyDelete