Monday, May 20, 2013

First taste of French food.


Everything was amazing but we didn't eat lunch.

There was baguette, leek quiche, chicken and mashed potatoes (Alison), roasted vegetable salad (Ari), and creme brûlée! The creme brûlée was so perfectly carmelized and not at all burnt with an amazing creamy custard. Alison had an espresso just to keep her awake for the walk home. 

We sat next to our tour director, Alfredo. He is from Italy, has lived in Paris, Berlin, and Barcelona, and is fluent in Italian, English, Spanish, French, and is learning German. I got to have a conversation in Spanish with Alfredo and one of the other tour members from Puerto Rico. We all talked about the economy, unemployment, the perception of Americans by Europeans, and healthcare. 

What a night!




2 comments:

  1. I suspect after this trip, you'll be done with Crème brûlées for a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing!!!! That's a pretty full glass of wine... did you drink the whole thing? Have you been officially tipsy? Pictures are great!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!! Goal for tomorrow.. EAT LUNCH!!!

    ReplyDelete